Help needed with BSoD on Windows 7 64 bits

ldkv

Hi all,

I've come to you to ask for help with my problem of BSoD. Please find attached the required files for diagnosing this issue.

So far I have got 5 random BSoD while surfing net or doing other stuff on my laptop. I did a test with Memtest86 and it showed > 1 millions errors, but I am not sure if the RAM is the real cause. Please help me.

Thank you in advance :)

Attachments

usasma

Fantastic Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Start with this memory diagnostic: Memory Diagnostics
Around step 6 there are instructions for switching the memory around in the different slots - that'll help you tell which stick/slot is bad.

After fixing the memory problems, then we can start in on the rest of the errors (if there are any).

ldkv

Thank you, I will try testing the RAM as you suggested when I have time. Currently the BSoD doesn't happen too often so it is not too annoying for me.

ldkv

Hi,
Finally I found a screwdriver to open my laptop ^^. I removed the 2 RAMs and tried testing each one. It seems that 1 RAM is defective and the other works well, so I use it. Now I haven't got any BSoD for 2 days.

Just come back to inform about my situation, thanks for your advice ;).

usasma

Fantastic Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Thanks for letting us know!
I'm glad you were able to isolate the problem!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.