Windows 7 Help needed with ethernet controller

robomir

Hi Guys

Recently installed Window 7 (32 bit) on my pc

However when i did this 'The Ethernet Controller ' in the device manager did work nor could i access my wireless to get to the internet, the device status , states " the drivers for this device are not installed (code 28).

My motherboard is " Gigabyte ga-p35-ds3" , I went on to the gigabyte website to try and download the drivers, no sucess :(

Any help on this would be most welcome, cheers

Hi and welcome.

Your motherboard site isn't going to have the drivers for your wireless device if it is an add-on card, which I suspect. Please check the device manager for the actual name of the card that you would like a driver for. Tell us and we can help you out.

Thanks for replying back , much appriecated!

Right, i went into Device Manager, the problem is listed under 'other devices' location PCI bus 8 , device 1 , function 0. ....not much help i guess, so i downloaded Unknown device idenitifier to help

'Unknown Device Identifer' stated " @system32/DRIVERS/pci.sys#512,Ethernet Controller (UNKNOWN DEVICE)

Sub bar below it was " Chip: Atheros Communications AR5212 802 .11 a/b/g Wireless Network Adapter

Is it worth stating that i have Realtek PCIe GBE family controller

Im not sure it that helps at all but its the best i can do

Torrent and any others viewing, any help you can offer would be awesome, as i need to get on with Uni assignment asap , it was all working fine on vista until i changed

Cheers man !

In device manager, try right clicking on the unknown device then choose properties. Go to details tab. Change the dropdown to hardware ids. Copy and paste the results to a new post. I should be able to find a driver easily with this info.

and btw, to usually connect to the internet i just use my wireless internet, via my pci wireless card

Okay got it !

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0013&SUBSYS_44121113&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0013&SUBSYS_44121113
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0013&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0013&CC_0200

My version of Windows is 7 (32bit)

Cheers !

Wow, not really finding much in the way of drivers, although I figured out it's from a company called Arcadyan.

I'll make you a driver installation package and give instructions how to install. Give me a few minutes and I'll post again...

Download my attachment then extract it to a folder.

Open device manager. Right click on the unknown device. Click - Update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse.

Then find and double click on netathr.inf in the folder you extracted. Click ok, click next and then it will install. Probably won't need a reboot after, but maybe.

Should be good. Let us know how it goes. I edited a driver for a different model to be compatible for you. If it works, save the driver in a safe place, for future use.

Attachments

• WirelessDrivers.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,741
Very welcome for sure. Glad it worked out, as I wasn't completely sure I did this correct. The format of the .inf was slightly unusual to me. I had a feeling it was going to be good though.

Enjoy. :)

Hi everybody..
I just get the same problem as robomir..
My personal computer suddenly can't connect to the internet.
I can't find a driver for my ethernet controller..
My motherboard is GIGABYTE GA G31M S2C

This is my ethernet controller hardware Ids
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_02
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_E0001458
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_8136&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_8136&CC_0200

I went to GIGABYTE homepage with no result..
Hope someone can help me with this problem..
Thanks before.. =)

Last edited:

I'm missing the driver, its a EDUP 108mbs wireless PCI card
for windows 7 64bit
Ive tried the rar file posted, but doesnt pick it up.

can anyone help?

I'm missing the driver, its a EDUP 108mbs wireless PCI card
for windows 7 64bit
Ive tried the rar file posted, but doesnt pick it up.

can anyone help?

Yep...

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Enjoy.

I've installed the setup, but still doesnt want to pick it up

do you know the exact chipset?, and maybe i can manually install it.

Use the device manager. Right click it, update driver software, browse my computer, let me pick, have disk, browse.

Now find and double click on the netathrx.inf file in the extracted Win7 folder. Hit ok then hit next and it will install.

Eh. I just looked into it a little more. Your hardware isn't included in the .inf file.

The only way to install this is if I edit the .inf. That will work great but then you'd have to disable Driver Enforcement permanently or by pressing f8 and choosing to do so at each boot.

Let me know if you want me to edit or not.

Yea figured you need to select the inf file, but when you select that file there is about 50 drivers to choose from. Windows doesnt pick it up automatically.

I got it of ebay, it was listed to work with windows7, so i'll see if he can come up with the correct driver, if not I'll let you know.
thanks for your time and help.

Eh. I just looked into it a little more. Your hardware isn't included in the .inf file.

The only way to install this is if I edit the .inf. That will work great but then you'd have to disable Driver Enforcement permanently or by pressing f8 and choosing to do so at each boot.

Let me know if you want me to edit or not.

Back