Windows 7 Help Needed

B-Cat

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and I'm not sure I'm in the right section and have a couple of issues so thought I'd post them both here (Sorry if I'm in the wrong place)

Issue 1:

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 and installed Windows 7 Home onto it. PC is running fine but whenever I try and burn a DVD or CD I get the following message:

DVDError.jpg

My drive is the generic drive that came with the PC and worked fine with XP installed.

I've searched everywhere in Dells support pages and Microsofts but cannot find a solution :frown:

Issue 2:

I have installed a secondary internal SATA drive tonight. Everythings worked out fine except for some reason, Windows 7 has installed all of this:

SystemFiles.jpg

Is this normal? Can I just format the drive so it has nothing other than the system files needed?

Appreciate any help that can be offered

Daniel :)

Issue 1:

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 and installed Windows 7 Home onto it. PC is running fine but whenever I try and burn a DVD or CD I get the following message:

My drive is the generic drive that came with the PC and worked fine with XP installed.
What type of media are you using? If the fastest, the drive might not be able to recognize it. Usually a firmware update will help in this area. You could look for a different speed media to test. It may be hard to find the 2-4x stuff, but you might be able to.

Issue 2:

I have installed a secondary internal SATA drive tonight. Everythings worked out fine except for some reason, Windows 7 has installed all of this:

Is this normal? Can I just format the drive so it has nothing other than the system files needed?
That looks like it was an old XP drive. Have you verified what was on it? You are still booting normally to the Win 7 drive? Just to confirm, you did not install Win 7 with the XP drive installed, right?

What type of media are you using? If the fastest, the drive might not be able to recognize it. Usually a firmware update will help in this area. You could look for a different speed media to test. It may be hard to find the 2-4x stuff, but you might be able to.

The drive worked fine with the media I use when it was XP

That looks like it was an old XP drive. Have you verified what was on it? You are still booting normally to the Win 7 drive? Just to confirm, you did not install Win 7 with the XP drive installed, right?

I believe it was a new drive from Dell

No did a clean install of Win 7

They give you detailed information about the hardware on your machine.

Look under my name and you;ll see what I mean.

Hi Everyone,Is this normal? Can I just format the drive so it has nothing other than the system files needed?

Appreciate any help that can be offered

Daniel :)

There is no "selective" format feature. When you format a drive or partition all is gone, clean off, nothing is left. You should first look through everything and make sure you have backed up anything you want to keep.

Back
Top Bottom