Help please!! ASAP!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by leslieerin86, Dec 17, 2009.

1. leslieerin86

leslieerin86 New Member

Help!!

Okay, the laptop I have did not come with a Windows Vista reinstall disk and nothing on my computer is working. The internet says that it is connected but I can't surf the web because it comes up with a message saying "failed to connect". I have searched the internet on my desktop for help and none of the suggestions worked.

My question is, can I get 7 on my desktop (which the internet works on for some odd reason), save it to a hard drive and then install it on my laptop?

I need an answer asap! I wanted to ask before I spent the money on it.

Thanks in advance,
    Leslie

2. leslieerin86

leslieerin86 New Member

Okay, the laptop I have did not come with a Windows Vista reinstall disk and nothing on my computer is working. The internet says that it is connected but I can't surf the web because it comes up with a message saying "failed to connect". I have searched the internet on my desktop for help and none of the suggestions worked.

My question is, can I get 7 on my desktop (which the internet works on for some odd reason), save it to a hard drive and then install it on my laptop?

I need an answer asap! I wanted to ask before I spent the money on it.

Thanks in advance,
    Leslie

3. cybercore

cybercore New Member

How are you connected to internet ?

1. Depending on your internet connection type, you may need to set up all the required parameters (e.g. IPV4).
    2. If you use firewall, it shouldn't block your internet connection/btowser/ports.
    (3. If you browse through an external proxy server, it my be the cause too).

4. Mitchell_A

Mitchell_A Excellent Member

Yes, you will be able to BUY a copy of Windows 7, and boot from it on your laptop.