Windows 7 Help, Windows Upgrade wizard Not responding

gina27

I did an upgrade to Windows 7 last night. Everything went fine. BUT there was supposed to have been a step 3 to this process accoriding to the upgrade instructions, and it didn't do it. So I tried to start it myself by double clicking on the upgrade wizard, it said what it was going to do, which was install applications and drivers, but then stopped responding, I couldn't even force my computer to do a shut down. I had to manually turn it off. What is going on? I even tried to just put in the first cd that came with my upgrade to start the uprade wizard that way, but it doesn't seem to recognize a disc was even in my rom.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:mad:

An upgrade is not the route to take. It leaves useless files on your system and can cause conflicts.

Save all you Documents, Pictures, contacts, videos, music, etc to a flash drive,

Be aware, you will need to re-insatllall your 3rd party applcations.

Take out the DVD and try to restart and tell os what happens

Sorry. But no it isn't recognizing any disc that i put in. The Steps were in this order : Inster the Acer Upgrade DVD , Step 2 Insert The Windows 7 DVD, Insert the Acer Upgrade DVD. That last step never happened. Im guessing since it never happened, and since no discs are working in the rom, that something is terribly wrong.

I would contact Acer immediately and request a new copy.

Screaming and yelling at them helps.:)

Forgive me if this sounds stupid, but is there not any way i can roll back to my previous version of vista? I guess that wouldn't really do a thing though would it. :-|

I'm a bit terrified of the whole "format partions" boot of the disk sorta thing. I'm not a grand computer expert, and this computer is only a few months old, and has pretty much zip on it.

Back
Top Bottom