Windows Vista Help with my Favorites in Vista Home Premium OEMAct

AZPerk3

I sure could use some help with saving to and then using my favorites.

By Clicking on the Green Cross and Gold Star I can "Add to Favorites" but when I go to retreve a saved site by clicking on the Gold Star, the drop down window does not open to or show any listings.

But I can go to my "Computer" and then to the Folder "OS (C: ) " and with in this OS (C: ) Folder, I have the "Users" file which contains my "Favorites". If I double click on this file "Favorites" I can see a complete listing of my Favorites.

Is my "Favorites" in the wrong File or is there something I need to reset to get the "Gold Star" to be able to show a complete listing of my "Favorites Center"

Thanks for any assistance in learning this new Operating System

Perk

Try clicking on the Gold and green star and choosing 'Organise favoutrites...'
If your still getting problems post back.

Nothing I double click and nothing happens ... My Gold Star still doesn't show anything.

You could try this...
Open Internet options by clicking tools (upper right-hand corner), then click 'Advanced', which is along the top.. Near the bottom of the box you'll see a button for re-setting the settings for Internet Explorer, try that. Again let me know how you got on..

I also found this on your type of problem:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Again, another page which may be of help:
Personal User Shell Folders - Move Location - Vista Forums

Try the two web pages too... I think they'll be more help I think, Fingers Crossed.

Resetting Explorer did not work ... going to second suggestion ... may take a while but I will let you know ...
Thanks
Perk

To AZPERK3,

As you did the last task to your last action, do you remember where did you put your file under? Because remember there are certain folders you can put it in or your settings for the temporary internet files might be on the settings for deleting files as you close your Internet Explorer program....And as far as your favorites(one-star) & add to your favorites(two-stars) your Internet Explorer might have to be updated so please check your programs to see if they are functioning properly or you are just not using it correctly. That's my opinion.........

Back
Top Bottom