help with recurrent bsods and more

3 day old win7x64 computer repeatedly BSOD dmp files and an xml file appended from most recent crash. Have tried to restore -crash occurs during restore. tried an update/repair reinstall which could not complete. Checked memory twice - no problems. have lost internet access and windows firewall - "diagnostic policy services cannot be activated"
worked fine for a day and problems appeared to appear after I updated windows via automatic update.
My computer specs are
Coolermaster 690 case
Intel core i5 750 processor
Asus P7P55D Motherboard
Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 XMS3 Memory Pair DDR3 2 X 2GB 1600 MHZ
Western Digital 500 GB Caviar Green SATA 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache
Samsung SyncMaster 2233SW
Palit GTX 260 216 graphics card
Tagan 800w PSU
Microsoft windows 7 retail 64 bit

Hey. You're having memory management stop errors. This is usually caused by older drivers. Let's get you updated.

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009
This link for your motherboard has the latest Realtek lan driver for you to install (choose x64 Windows 7):

Please post a new crash dump after updating if it should become necessary and good luck.

This driver may be the cause:

ASACPI   ASACPI.sys   Wed May 13 21:25:17 2009
You can install this latest download in the utilities section to update this driver:

ASUS PC ProbeII V1.04.86 Install Program for Windows 32/64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit 7.

Last edited:
Thanks for your interest. I have installed all the new drivers from the asus website - I had actually rolled back the lan driver to see whether that would kickstart my internet.Don't know about the ASACPI.sys driver and am trying to sort out.
i downloaded the msdt-portable.exe from microsoft support on my net book which i am using to access the internet and transferred the file to my desktop for infogathering but the programme would not run - said it was for a different os.
Games videos and music is playing well on the desktop but most services cannot run - error for network trouble shooting is 0x800b0003 and that for windows firewall ox609. sfc does not find any problems and chkdsk repaired a few file fragments but did not change any of the problems.
Any help would be much appreciated

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.