Windows 7 help...

can some one plzz tel me wat does this mean......:confused:

it mean's my CPU is running "hot" or "normal'.....
if running 'hot'...plzz do tel me wat to do to run it in normal mode..

thanx in advance..!!

Hi,
from what I can see your CPU idles at 55c and max's out at 72c which is a tad warm really... You could try increasing air flow inside the case or buy an after market CPU cooler...

the CPU is 130Watt Most are 90 watt and easier to keep cool. For high performance CPUs you need a High performance CPU cooler The one that comes with it is barely adequate. But as the guy says make sure the fins are clean and case fileter, if fitted, are also clear. Blow it all out with air jet

Hi,
from what I can see your CPU idles at 55c and max's out at 72c which is a tad warm really... You could try increasing air flow inside the case or buy an after market CPU cooler...

some one told me that it's showing only one core but in core i7 it should show 4 core......
i want to know is there any problem in my core i7 or something else?????

No problems I can see... CPU-Z is reporting the correct amount of cores, threads ect.. I know the core temp reading says ony two cores but that may be something unrelated... or just the way it's reporting.. Anyway I shouldn't worry. Try a good after market cooler to get your temps down, something like this :
Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler (Socket 940/AM2/LGA775/LGA1366)

No problems I can see... CPU-Z is reporting the correct amount of cores, threads ect.. I know the core temp reading says ony two cores but that may be something unrelated... or just the way it's reporting.. Anyway I shouldn't worry. Try a good after market cooler to get your temps down, something like this :
Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler (Socket 940/AM2/LGA775/LGA1366)

hi thanx...

but cpuz and core temp both says only 1 core......
and this one also say's...!!

so plzzz tel me what to do???????

Don't forget thats a brand new CPU design so some utilities won't be reporting it correctly. If you look along the top of CPUz you'll see 'cache', click that and post a screenie would you please.
You could also open task manager (see screenshot) and see how many cores are there..

Don't forget thats a brand new CPU design so some utilities won't be reporting it correctly. If you look along the top of CPUz you'll see 'cache', click that and post a screenie would you please.

one more thing i wanna ask ..

that these 4core is related to cpu speed or not????

plzz have a look at task manger also.....

er..... Well the CPUz shot just refers to the cache level for each core. Cache is there to hold the information which the chip is going to process and different chips have different amounts. This doesn't really have any bearing on speed of the chip in this instance.

Ok this discussion prompted me to recheck my settings.
I had Win 7 aware of my two cores (Core2Duo merom).
Somehow everything reset to (1) core?
First stop was msconfig>boot>advanced options...
The check box for number of processors had been some how un checked.
I clicked the box but the drop down only showed 1 core after restarting Windows.
Next stop was EasyBCD 1.7.2

Download EasyBCD 1.7.2 - An advanced GUI application that makes it easy to modify the Windows Vista bootloader and the entries in it - Softpedia

In EasyBCD under the "advanced options" button the "limit Windows to" field was set to 0.
I reset to 2 and rebooted.
I then returned to msconfig and made sure the dropdown in boot>advanced... was set to 2 cores and rebooted.

Now Core Temp 0.9.9.5 shows the two cores and two threads like it should.
CPU-Z shows the two cores as well.
The old free version of Everest shows all's well.
Process Explorer shows two cores as well.

I have a notebook and I use a small program called Notebook Hardware Control (NHC) created by Manfreid Jaider.

Notebook Hardware Control (NHC) - Homepage, Downloads, Help, Docu, FAQ, News - www.pbus-167.com

I paid 15 Euros for the "professional" version (to help suppor the poject) but the free version works just as well.

NHC 2.0 pre-release 06 is the latest version. It works great in Win 7 RC.

Manfreid says a newer version is coming but he's been saying that for 2 years now.

It allows me to set and fine tune power properties on my computer. I have mine set for "dynamic switching". This throttles my CPU cores to half power (1000 MHz) when idling and allows up to max (2 GHz) when needed, dynamically.
This helps keep temps relatively low.
I've seen temps as high as 180° F / 82° C the norm is 129°F / 53° C

Intel says 212° F / 100° C is max but I won't let it get above about 188°F / 86° C.
I only see these high temps during CPU intensive op's.

Since this is a notebook there are things I can do to keep temps down. The single most important thing I do is I use an aluminum platform to lift the unit above the desktop, promoting airflow. The device I use is a commercal unit made by Apple but it works quite well with my Acer PC.

The other thing is to keep the ambient temperature down ie: ventilation and/or room A/C.

Your mileage may vary.

Ok..open task manager and click performance along the top. How many cores do you see?

Thankyou, In fact I saw you had already posted a shot of it so sorry for missing that.
As for the CPU I now see what you mean.... Which motherboard and bios are you using?

Yup, it;s the right one... Try flashing the bios again as your CPU is not being recognised as in task manager you should be seeing 8 threads. Also make sure your chipset drivers are up to date and installed. Lastly, check through your bios to make sure that none of the cores have been turned off.

Yup, it;s the right one... Try flashing the bios again as your CPU is not being recognised as in task manager you should be seeing 8 threads. Also make sure your chipset drivers are up to date and installed. Lastly, check through your bios to make sure that none of the cores have been turned off.

flashed bios again.......but no help.!!

how to know chipset drivers are installed....means where should i see??????

Back