Windows 7 help...

Can you post screenshot of run>msconfig>boot>advanced options... property page? Don't make changes yet.

Below is screenshot of mine.

Checkout the suggestion above but also I've been reading your bios notes and if you check my screenshot, you'll see that if this setting is disabled only one core is enabled. The setting is 'core multiplexing technology'...I went through it quick so I may have missed other settings

If both of the above fail, take all of your RAM out apart from one stick and reboot. See if there's any change. Post results if any..
Please check that all connections for power cables are fitted too, that includes the 4 pin CPU power connector, otherwise it will not run correctly ...

I don't have any BIOS setting with my laptop but as I outlined in my earlier post Win 7 defaults on install to recognizing
only one core on my machine. I had it setup as outlined to see the two cores but somehow it reset itself.
This bears watching in the future. As you can see from my post just setting msconfig wasn't enough, I had to resort to using a feature of EasyBCD to make the changes. Hopefully this BUG/feature will be fixed in the Win 7 final.

Your very welcome..:)
Was it the bios setting?

no it was not a fault of bios settings......

in (run>msconfig>boot>advanced options> no of processors) it was check to 2 cores......simply i uncheck that and rebooted...after that he shows 4cores and 8 threads...... :)

but thanx for help..!!

Great stuff and like fjgold says we'll have to an eye out for that bug!

Back
Top Bottom