Windows 7 help..

I havent played around with an X58/i7 board yet, but are you able to manually set RAM frequency in the BIOS? Sometimes your board will set the RAM at a lower more stable frequency and timings.

Last edited:
can some one tell me why in everest ultimate edition and in Bios aslo (ram is showing only 1066 Mhz but i have Corsair 6GB 1333Mhz)....

but here intel says 1066 Mhz is default value....... ( Processors - Frequently asked questions )
so i want to know that how to increase Ram's Mhz to 1333Mhz..!!!

Hi Neeraj,
as Loathe suggests, check your bios under RAM settings and see if it's possible to change the value..

Hi Neeraj,
as Loathe suggests, check your bios under RAM settings and see if it's possible to change the value..

yes it's possible to change settings....

actually i'm scared of overclocking becuase in bios under performance section it say's (changing value can harm your system)

so if possible please post any screenie so that i can change my settings of RAM....
thanx....

Hi Neeraj,
while it's true that overclocking can cause problems many of todays components are designed with overclocking in mind.
Saying that though, if your uncomfortable with the thought of overclocking then err on the side of caution...

I found this guide for your system as my system, although overclocked, is very different to yours..Check it out:

Intel DX58SO Overclocking Guide - Overclocking - Computer Lounge

Hi Neeraj,
while it's true that overclocking can cause problems many of todays components are designed with overclocking in mind.
Saying that though, if your uncomfortable with the thought of overclocking then err on the side of caution...

I found this guide for your system as my system, although overclocked, is very different to yours..Check it out:

Intel DX58SO Overclocking Guide - Overclocking - Computer Lounge

thanx for the link......but

one more thing kemical......before changing these i wanna tell that in cpu-z it's not showing core voltage......

Hmm...that could down to CPU-Z and future revisions should cure that.

Speed stepping in all kinds might be lowering your clocks for heat and power save consumption, have you check that?

"meaning disable all speed stepping options".
Or you just might have to go and manually set it to 1333.

Edit
just check ur cpuz, Nice, you got yourself a D0

Last edited:
Speed stepping in all kinds might be lowering your clocks for heat and power save consumption, have you check that?

"meaning disable all speed stepping options".
Or you just might have to go and manually set it to 1333.

Edit
just check ur cpuz, Nice, you got yourself a D0

i didn't understand..i got D0 means????

You want the D0 stepping, its good.

If I was you, Id just try and set it and see what happens. Your not really overclocking the RAM if thats the speed it says it can run at on the box. The worst thing that could happen is Windows crashes and you set it back. If you do do it, run this for a couple of hours and just make sure your system is nice and stable. Let me know if you need more help on this. Remember there are always risks with changing settings in your BIOS though.

I found a screen for you of someone who has it set to 1333 if it helps you. Its the same board as you I think.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

solved..

yeah..!! thanx evreyone......

but i had solved the problem with the help of shop owner from where i bought my core i7..!

one more thing i want to ask after increasing to 1333 Mhz...
i have to increase the core voltage also or not......
and if yes then how ??????

Last edited:
Back