Windows XP Help

Payt

I have a computer using XP, my wife had an older computer that had some hardware problems and we replaced it. The problem is, when I installed the drive into my computer, the icon shows it there but when I go to transfer files from my wife's drive it says the drive is not formatted. How do I get her files without reformatting the drive?

OK, I know I took too long to answer but, I had issues with this computer. I still need help with the 2nd hard drive. My computer has two plugs that allow two hard drives to be installed so, in answer, the same as my first hard drive.

Last edited:
I keep forgetting things. I am about as computer illiterate as you can get and still be able to turn the computer on. I do not know what the terminology for the plugs, wires and most other items on the computer.

OK, I know I took too long to answer but, I had issues with this computer. I still need help with the 2nd hard drive. My computer has two plugs that allow two hard drives to be installed so, in answer, the same as my first hard drive.

Most of the time when people ask this question, they want to know what port it is on...(internal) IDE. PATA, SATA, SCSI, etc or (external) USB, eSATA, 1394, SCSI, etc. Being that it is connected internal then I would say to try an external bay, it might make it work. Though just keep in mind that you may have to have a professional data recovery done on it.

Back