Windows 10 Help!!

Saboor

Hi guys,
I'm using windows 7 and got a free update of Windows 10..
I saw the reviews of it and I felt that it's worth of updating. Now, before updating, I have a question that after the updation of Windows 10, will it format the C drive(like it does when we install a new copy of Windows) coz' there are a lot of important files and I do not want to lose it...
Any help will be appreciated!!!
Regards,
Saboor.

If your worried about any files before upgrading then your best bet is to back them up first. Usually your old files can be found after the upgrade in a folder marked Windows.old and these can be extracted if need be but to be on the safe side I'd back up anything you want safe just as a precaution.

If your worried about any files before upgrading then your best bet is to back them up first. Usually your old files can be found after the upgrade in a folder marked Windows.old and these can be extracted if need be but to be on the safe side I'd back up anything you want safe just as a precaution.
Thanks for the fast reply kemical!!!
Thanks for the advice. Will follow as u say...
But another question, is it worth upgrading to windows 10 coz' I've googled a lot but I'm confused whether to upgrade or not...
Regards,
Saboor.

It's up to each person to decide whether to upgrade or not.
As far as Windows 10 formatting the drive, only if you do a clean install. An upgrade leaves all programs and files intact. Still, best to backup important files first. In my case, I imaged my drive first. On my test tablet, I imaged the drive, replaced the drive with a new one, and restored the image to that, then tested.
Also, don't forget you have 30 days to revert back to Windows 7 if you don't like it.

Last edited:
Also, don't forget you have 30 days to revert back to Windows 7 if you don't like it.
Only 30 days! You mean after 30 days you can no longer go back and need to restore a backup image?

You will also have lost the activation key for windows 7 as it will have been replaced with a win 10 key so you have to be quick as I said.

It's up to each person to decide whether to upgrade or not.
As far as Windows 10 formatting the drive, only if you do a clean install. An upgrade leaves all programs and files intact. Still, best to backup important files first. In my case, I imaged my drive first. On my test tablet, I imaged the drive, replaced the drive with a new one, and restored the image to that, then tested.

I've upgraded to WIndwos 10!!
Actually there was no use for a backup coz' all my C drive files where there as it was....
And it's very smooth, so not going to go back to Windows 7 ever!!! :p
Thanks for the help anyway (that includes Mark H and kemical)!!!
Regards,
Saboor.

Back
Top Bottom