Windows 7 Help

clarky92

Hi, i got windows 7 yesterday and when i went to install it, it asked me to remove the dell wireless wlan utility software. I did this and then i could not get internet wirelessly so i could not proceed with the install. I then did a system restore to retrieve the software and i got internet connection back. I then ignored the compatibility cd and inserted the main installation cd and after many hours, windows 7 installed.

The problem now is that it wont let me uninstall the dell wireless wlan utility and everytime i load up my computer, a windows 7 compatibility message comes up saying that the wlan wireless is not compatible.

Is there any way i can stop this message coming up? because everything else works perfectly apart from this message

have you tried going to dell's website and getting a updated dell wireless wlan utility software for windows 7?

i dont know your model, so you can go here and see if there is a update.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Have a look in the Device manager, under "Network Adapters, and see if it is listed there. You may be able to disable it.

Also open MsConfig - startup Tab, and see if it is starting automatically with windows 7.If it is, untick it.
Either of these, if present, will stop the message, but, fwiw, you did not need to be on the internet to install Windows 7,. It is only advised, for the purposes of updates to the install. At the moment there are none such.

Back
Top Bottom