Windows 7 Help

Ashu

hi guys...
whenever i try to connect in Win7..it says...username and password incorrect....but the same username and password when connected in Xp it gets connected....i tried asking the BSNL walas....bt they dont kno anything....they say...it has to be authenticated...by microsoft....they r fools...they dont kno anything
PLzzzzzz help me

Ashu,

connect to what?

It can't be the Internet and the only thing that requires a username and password would be your e-mail client

Maybe that is a modem you are using? Give us some more detail of your Internet gear.

what is your ISP? I know sometimes At&t, Comcast, and Bellsouth you have to have a disk to set it up for the first time?
sometimes after you get done installing the software it ask for you login information. if you can give us a screen shot it would be Alot more helpful.. and we could diagnose the problem alot better.

The only time you'd need to install the ISP software is if you have a dial-up connection. DSL or cable does not require any CD can be setup without using there CD.

If you have a wireless network and WEP encryption enabled, you'll need to go to Device manger, locate your wireless connection and choose properties. Somewhere in the list you'll find a place to type in your key to get connected.

I have Fixed Internet Connection problems where my clients had Dsl and needed software cds that required user name and password from the ISP.

Well I'll be damned.

Couldn't you have simply called the ISP and get the login information?

That's all I had to do.

Thats what he needs to do. would take 15 mins at the most to verify his information. and reassign him a username and password.. or send him software which may or maynot be compatable with windows 7

hi guys...
whenever i try to connect in Win7..it says...username and password incorrect....but the same username and password when connected in Xp it gets connected....i tried asking the BSNL walas....bt they dont kno anything....they say...it has to be authenticated...by microsoft....they r fools...they dont kno anything
PLzzzzzz help me

did the login and password combination your using in win7 ever work in another Operating System ?

If so which OS and are you 110% sure you are typing them right with caps lock off etc , or even copy paste ?

any info useful but at this point I am not convinced this is a win 7 issue :confused:

Back