Windows 7 help

Merridon

My gadgets wont work I have no idea why please help my clock gadget shows up as a black square with red hands whick are alwas at 12 oclock

Solution
It seems like the gadgets on your Windows system are not working correctly, specifically the clock gadget showing up as a black square with red hands always at 12 o'clock. This issue can occur due to several reasons, such as system updates, corruption in the gadget files, or conflicts with other programs. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to fix this issue: 1. Restart the Windows Desktop Gadgets: Sometimes, restarting the Windows Desktop Gadgets service can resolve the issue. Here’s how you can do it: - Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager. - Go to the "Processes" tab. - Look for "sidebar.exe" in the list, right-click it, and select "End Process." - Restart the process by running "sidebar.exe" from the...
It seems like the gadgets on your Windows system are not working correctly, specifically the clock gadget showing up as a black square with red hands always at 12 o'clock. This issue can occur due to several reasons, such as system updates, corruption in the gadget files, or conflicts with other programs. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to fix this issue: 1. Restart the Windows Desktop Gadgets: Sometimes, restarting the Windows Desktop Gadgets service can resolve the issue. Here’s how you can do it: - Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager. - Go to the "Processes" tab. - Look for "sidebar.exe" in the list, right-click it, and select "End Process." - Restart the process by running "sidebar.exe" from the "Run" dialog by pressing Win + R and typing sidebar.exe. 2. Check Windows Update: Make sure your Windows operating system is up to date. Sometimes updates can affect gadget functionality. 3. Check for Gadget Corruptions: Gadgets might have been corrupted. You can try re-registering the gadget DLL files: - Press Win + R, type cmd, and press Enter to open the Command Prompt as an administrator. - Run the following commands:
Code:
 regsvr32 msxml3.dll regsvr32 scrrun.dll
4. Disable and Re-Enable the Gadget: You can try disabling and re-enabling the clock gadget to see if that resolves the issue: - Right-click on the desktop and select "Gadgets." - Locate the clock gadget, right-click on it, and select "Close Gadget." - Re-add the clock gadget by right-clicking on the desktop, selecting "Gadgets," and dragging the clock gadget back onto the desktop. 5. Check Security Software: Sometimes, security software can interfere with gadgets. Temporarily disable any security software to see if the issue gets resolved. 6. Check for Conflicting Software: Certain software applications may be conflicting with the desktop gadgets. Try to identify and uninstall any recently installed software that might be causing the issue. If none of these solutions work, you might consider resetting the Windows desktop gadgets to their default settings. Please let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back