Windows 7 Helppppppppp

wt.pm

My son managed to get a virus on his pc, it then infected both computers, I cleaned it off his, but when cleaning it of mine, it crashed 7 completely, I can't even restore it using the install disk. Is there any way to restore a 7 backup using XP? I am trying to avoid, reinstalling. I know I can restore the bkp, after the reinstall, I would just prefer to avoid the chance of things not linking back up completely, which is usually the case. All of my bkps are on an external hd, so I have no problem accessing them. The XP bkp program will not recognize them, is there any other way, a download 3rd-party or something?

Avast, Spy-bot, Windows Defender. However he was downloading from Limewire. This is the first time in two years we have gotten a virus using Avast, I tried several A-V's before none would stop the viruses. Avast has always prevented him from opening the files containing the viruses. Just not this time. I keep telling him not to use Limewire, but you know how kids are.

Forgot to say, Avast cleaned it on a scan, just missed it when he opened the file. I even know what file it was.

Last edited:
apart my stupidity from time to time it detect all shits.

I've went back and forth between Avast and AVG since windows '98. Never had a problem with either, except when I do something stupid.
Like allowing something thru, then having to install the other because whatever it was, was already allowed.

Last edited:
exactly, there is no AV who can stop our own bad manipulation (moreless forced).
The only thing I should NOT RECOMMEND, it's Symantec Endpoint Protection, we get it in my job, it's heavy, not free, absolutely uncontrolled and difficult to set ! We are on XP here only (for info)....What will happen with newer versions ?

Back