Windows 7 HHD fault

jonnyjai

hi guys

can anyone tel me if i can retrieve data from my 2x750gb (samsung Spinpoint)Hard disks that was at one point in raid 0 config (stripping) as this belonged to my old rig which used a separate hard disk for the OS(maxtor 80gb). Once this disk failed i just left it as it was.

so its time to get it sorted out once n for all

regards john

johnnyjai;
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Depending upon the reason for the failure of the original array. If one of the two disks is mechanically inoperable then my guess is that you may be out of luck. If on the other hand the failure was because of a raid controller failure then you maybe able to use some type of software to reconstruct the array and retrieve some of the data. Depending on how valuable the data is to you there may be some options to explore. ONe particular product that offers a free trial to see if reconstruction is possible is RAID Reconstructor - Recover Data from a Broken RAID Array. The software is not free but with the trial version, You will be able to determine if RAID Reconstructor can reconstruct your array before you need to purchase a license.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Randy

Back
Top Bottom