Windows 7 Hi Guys - need you expert advice

john2416

I had installed windows 7 in my lap, and it was working fine and i was able to execute .exe file from the run dialog box.
offlate i am not able to run any .exe files from the run dialog box.
however if i try to run the .exe file from the windows explorer i am able to run.

any idea what could be wrong?

Regards
John

If you can use Windows Explorer to launch the executables, why use the run dialog? But if you insist, make sure that you are:

1) Using an administrator account, with sufficient privileges to the .exe you are trying to launch
2) Typing the full path to the .exe file you are trying to launch

I don't understand why you could do it in the first place, but it has since stopped. But using either the "Run" box or Windows explorer, seems like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut. If they are i.exes from installed programs, are they not in the start menu? But, if you want to, Try this:
In the case of the .exes you wish to open, find them in Windows explorer. Right click them and drag to the System32 Folder. On the prompt, create a shortcut. For example Blather.exe, dragged to System 32 as a shortcut, becomes Blather.exe - shortcut. If I now type Blather in the RUN box, it executes.

Back
Top Bottom