Windows 7 High performance

oscarodas

Hi there, I have an acer laptop (9800), and run windows 7 32 bit. for some reason I'm unable to set my power as high performance, is anything I'm not doing properly? Thank you.

yea, same with me. i dont think that it has a "high performance" button bcuz "balanced" is really high performance =P.

It's like jakerrulz said, It's already a high performance OS so no need for a " High Performance" setting. ;)

thank you. I just mentioned it because if you go to your power plan settings and choose "change advanced power settings" you get a new window, with 3 options : Balanced, High performance and Power saver. But changing the settings doesn't alter anything.

I am in Vista at the moment, so will post back. I am using a 9813 for 7 tests, and am using it, in Vista, at the moment. It certainly has the Advanced options in Vista, so I don't think the suggestions are fully valid? Or maybe there is such a big difference between a 9800 and the 9813??

Off Topic, for the curious. I bought this laptop without future thought, as a laptop. I am totally delighted with it but it hardly fits the category of Laptop - more I would say a portable desktop- lol

I am back in 7 now and have just configured all the Advanced Power settings on the 9813 laptop.
No suggestions from me so far??

I am back in 7 now and have just configured all the Advanced Power settings on the 9813 laptop.
No suggestions from me so far??

You missed my point, I'm talking about Windows 7, I also run vista and there's no problem. Well the 9800 laptop is a dektop replacement. mine is actually a 9805, I think the difference in numbers depends a lot in which regiona you are in.

With respect, I think you misread my post. As I stated, In Windows 7 I am able to change the advanced setting on my computer.
I apologise for drifting from the thread, which may have been the reason for you misreading of my reply.
The relative numbers of the laptop are of no interest to me, I was only poning out that, as mine was a different designation ( or country, as you say - mine was bought in the UK) that perhaps there was also a slightly different hardware configuration which allowed me into the advanced settings.
I still find it a mystery, however, as the program architecture is not, at this stage, a lot changed from Vista.

Back
Top Bottom