Windows 7 High ping when playing cod2

Discussion in 'Windows Games' started by Insaner, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Insaner

Insaner New Member

I using windows 7 (Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Original MS ISO x64-GRP)

I had problems with 2 much ping (100+ normal is 30) in call of duty 2 ONLY on windows 7 I try on windows xp it's working the best so it isn't problem by my side but it's by windows

so I had 10/1 internet connection when I wanna have 100+ ping I must download with cca. 600-800 kb/s or upload with 60-70 kb/s but if be the download like this I had now + cca. 10 gb on disc but I don't have so something is uploading by windows to...

This is my teory xD

But I run taskmgr and I pick tab networking then I click on view then I chose network adapter history and click on bytes send and bytes recived then I go to play cod2 for cca 10 mins and theh the yellow curve is high then it means that it has been used download that I don't understand how for f*** the game can use 600-800 kb/s download xD I don't have idea I can post screens if any one wanna see ...

I try on windows xp and it's working I had sometimes away beta version of win7 and it also pinging so the problem is 100% in windows

I'm not alone with this problem

If who solve this problem pls write what to do :)

thanks

#1 Insaner, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  2. Feather

Feather New Member

maybe u have problem like me try super PI programe and increase cpu usage if its increase ping u have my problem too ... i dont knwo how to solve this

3. vahaus

vahaus New Member

Disable IPv6 in the network adapter.

Next enable CTCP with the following using command prompt in administrative mode:
    Code:
    netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp
    Those two changes alone should help significantly. You can continue tweaking by disabling Nagle's algorithm (just google it if your not sure).

Enabling NetDMA:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
    Create new DWORD value EnableTCPA set it to 1

Modifying Max Data Retransmissions :
    Create New DWORD value TcpMaxDataRetransmissions set it to 7

Disable SynAttackProtect:
    Create New DWORD value SynAttackProtect set it to 1

If you want to modify Host and DNS priority you can do that too.

4. majeRic

majeRic New Member

I have exactly the same problems as this man does, but nothing of soltuions listed, doesn't help.

I'm getting sick of this lagg already -.-

5. rmuzz

rmuzz New Member

High in-game pings in Windows 7

I had exactly the same problem, in the server list in-game pings would display as <50 but as soon as i joined the game ping went >150.

Simple solution in my case...... In the COD2 Multiplayer Options there is a 'Connection' setting. I think the default is ISDN...... i changed this to LAN/Cable/DSL and BINGO.... lower in-game pings. A server indicating ping of 36 in the Server List now actualy gives me an in-game ping of 40-50..which is pretty good.

Hope this helps...

6. compf99

compf99 New Member

7. compf99

compf99 New Member

Re: High in-game pings in Windows 7

Not me put wrong link, enter on page Batalia de la Podul Inalt and manual press link <Is free !!! Solve Win 7 High Ping> .