Windows 7 Hijack virus

cronic

i think i have the hijack virus and i am running windows 7 build 7077 but because i am running this os i cant download anything to get rid of it has anyone had thi prob or know what i can do to fix it

Thanks
cronic

i really dont know how to but i got 2 emails from rogers saying i may have it but my antivirus is out of date and wont update windows wont connect to the update server i just get error code 80244019 nothing i have will update and i have looked at a few forums and from what i have read it sounds like the hijack virus plus no online scan will work

Last edited:
i really dont know how to but i got 2 emails from rogers saying i may have it but my antivirus is out of date

Rogers? Is that your Internet provider?

What exactly is happening to your computer to make you think you have a virus. More details, the better we can assist you.

If you have Internet connectivity, uninstall your anti-virus program and download something that you can get updates for. I would also recommend spyware protection and a personal firewall that has port blocking.

like i said nothing i install on my comp will update they wont connect to the server they just fail every time and i think i have a virus 1 because of the emails from rogers my isp and 2 because i have seen other people with this problem and they said it was the hijack virus but they dont have windows 7 so they cant help me

i really dont know how to but i got 2 emails from rogers saying i may have it but my antivirus is out of date and wont update windows wont connect to the update server i just get error code 80244019 nothing i have will update and i have looked at a few forums and from what i have read it sounds like the hijack virus plus no online scan will work
The best option is to Reformat and Reinstall your Win 7 Beta 7077 followed at the earliest by installing an up to date Antivirus and Windows Defender that Win 7 has.

The alternative is the long drawn out and painful way to Install and run a Program like Search and Distroy. If you want to choose that, click the link read all the instructions,download , install and run the program. You will be on your own mostly for this freeware. Link Removed due to 404 Error

already tried spybot S&D it wont up date either and my comp was doing it before i updated from windows vista 32 to windows 7

You could try to stop programs from running at startup.

Go to Start > Run, and type msconfig.

Uncheck all temporarily and reboot.

The only things necessary in startup are your ant-virus program, spyware detection program, and personal firewall if you have one. Enable these again after rebooting.

How are you getting emails if you can't connect to the Internet?

already tried spybot S&D it wont up date either and my comp was doing it before i updated from windows vista 32 to windows 7

So now the choice is obvious. Save all personal files to movable media, Reformat the partition and Reinstall Win 7 choosing "Custom Installation" .

From what I could understand from the above message from you is that your Computer was already infected with the pest when it had VISTA operating system and then you upgraded the system without eradicating the vermin, or removing all unnecessary files by Disk cleanup , defragment the HDD etc which are prerequisites before any Upgrade. The result was your new Win 7 was born with a serious infection that defies easy treatment. Unless somebody else has a better option, I suggest this is your best approach as far as time, efforts and outcome are concerned.

By the way it is good to know how one can get Spyware and how to avoid the misfortune. An interesting article can be seen here : Link Removed due to 404 Error

Good luck:)

Last edited:
I third that....Is that correct?

I was writing mine and didn't see his post that he upgraded.

Go to this site from a different computer. Browse the forums for help. I'll bet you'll find your particular problem already covered. This site helped me rid my computer of two nasty bits of malware, one had hijacked my homepage and the other offered to sell me software to remove a virus that that same program had installed on my computer!

What the Tech | formerly TomCoyote

Before doing a clean install

run a scan from safe mode. Running from safe mode may be more effective because it can remove the trogan because the actual virus/trogan won't start up in safe mode. This worled for me awhile back. The trogan i had wouldn't let me do windows updates to install security updates and after the scan using my antivirus software i was able to do Windows updates.

Back