Windows 7 Hold Down Key Sound

Priest666x

Recently I got myself a new set of headphones and they sound great but a bit too great because whenever I hold down any key I hear a rapid clicking sound. The sound isn't very loud but loud enough that it has been annoying me since I got these headphones. Is there any way to disable this clicking noise so that I cannot lose my mind. Thank you.

What type and brand of headphones are they? Is it a usb or 3.5mm connections? Is the connection fully seated? Do you have the latest sound driver for your system?

The headphones are Senheiser 598, the connection is a 3.5mm, the connection is indeed fully seated and all my drivers are up to date. The Realtek drivers are up to date but I am using the HT Omega Striker sound card as my audio source and the drivers are up to date on that as well.

A couple of things you can try. One, try using a different 3.5 mm jacks...either front panel or on mobo. Try using headset on different PC to see if it duplicates issue. Try turning off sound drivers your not using in the device manger and just use the HT Omega sound driver.

I don't see where this would be a jack, headphone, or mechanical issue with the headphones. It sounds like to me, no pun intended, that this is a setting somewhere - where audible clicks are supposed to be heard to give the user a positive indication the key was fully pressed and detected.

If you press a key once, do you hear one click? Are you 100% sure the clicks are not coming through your regular speakers or your old headphones?

I don't see where this would be a jack, headphone, or mechanical issue with the headphones. It sounds like to me, no pun intended, that this is a setting somewhere - where audible clicks are supposed to be heard to give the user a positive indication the key was fully pressed and detected.

If you press a key once, do you hear one click? Are you 100% sure the clicks are not coming through your regular speakers or your old headphones?

Back