HomeGroup Sees Wrong Location for Public Folders

Hello all,

I have 3 Windows 7 computers set up with a home group. I started by putting all the photos into the Public Pictures folder on one of them so that all pictures for the family would be in one place. This worked great - anybody could add pictures and everyone could see them. However the 'Public Pictures' turns out to be on the C:\ drive which has very little capacity, so I moved it to the D: drive by using the "Move" button in the folder properties (this turns out to be a pain, requiring starting the windows shell in Administrator mode but it seemed to work).

Now comes the problem: the host computer sees everything correctly - the "Public Pictures" folder points to the D: drive location (D:\Public\Pictures) and all is good. I can't find any mention of the old location there. But all the computers in the HomeGroup still see the old location (C:\Users\Public\Pictures). If I add pictures from another computer in the HomeGroup then they go to the old location, not the new. I have restarted all the machines involved and the problem persists.

Why does the HomeGroup see the wrong location for the folder? How can I make it see the right one?

I guess I am just going to undo everything I have done so far and create a junction point, but I would really like to know why this isn't working.

Thanks for any help!

Simon

Hi.

In Windows Explorer - On the left side is the Libraries. Right click on them and choose properties.

Remove and include folders there.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.