Windows 7 Host ID

jtpcamp

Extraordinary Member
I have a Ceton Infinity 4 TV tuner card in my computer. I recently moved and had to get a new Cable Card but I was unable to pair it to the Ceton card due to not being able to get the Host ID of the Ceton card. Windows Media Center usually displays a page with this information but after 15 or so tries mine skips that page. I even tried a Clean Install of Win 7 but that page still does not display. I have tried every way I can think of but I can't get the Host ID.

WMC gets the number from the card so there has to be a way for Windows to get the number some other way, like maybe some DOS command but no one knows one. Maybe some other way to get the number. Does anyone have a suggestion??

I'm not sure if it will have it's own class or it may have a special namespace, but that data will most likely be stored in WMI which can be queried with WMIC from the command prompt or Get-WmiObject from Powershell or there are GUI based tools you can download to explore the WMI data

I tried the WMIC command and that does not work. I tried to get the Get-WmiObject but am at a loss on what to do if I can figure out how to get this. Can you give me more detailed instructions.

You just supply the class name like Get-WmiObject Win32_ComputerSystem of course you need to know where that data is held and I couldn't tell you

Back
Top Bottom