How can build the wireless hotspot in win10?

luofeiyu

The wireless net card's chip is: Qualcomm Atheros Communications AR9271 802.11n.
I can create a wireless hotspot in debian:

Code:
sudo apt install hostapd   rfkill
git clone https://github.com/oblique/create_ap.git
cd create_ap
sudo make install
sudo iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.
enp2s0    no wireless extensions.
wlx001a8c3008b1  IEEE 802.11  ESSID:off/any
wlan="wlx001a8c3008b1"   
sudo ifconfig $wlan up
sudo rfkill unblock wifi
eth="enp6s0"
sudo create_ap $wlan $eth myhome 12345678

Now i create a wireless hotspot,my smartphone can connect it with account name myhome and password 12345678.
I want to do the same thing in win10.For the chip AR9271,it seemes no need to install driver in win10,shown in Select Qualcomm Atheros wireless driver.Following the steps in How to Create and Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot in Windows 10? - GeeksforGeeks:

Code:
C:\Windows\system32>netsh
netsh>wlan
netsh wlan>set hostednetwork ssid=myhome
The SSID of the hosted network has been successfully changed.

netsh wlan>set hostednetwork key=12345678
The user key passphrase of the hosted network has been successfully changed.

netsh wlan>start hostednetwork
The hosted network couldn't be started.
The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operatio

How can fix it?

The error message you are receiving indicates that the hosted network feature is not enabled on your computer. To fix this issue and create a wireless hotspot in Windows 10 using the Qualcomm Atheros AR9271 wireless network card, you can try the following steps:

1. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator. You can do this by pressing the Windows key, typing "cmd", right-clicking on "Command Prompt" and selecting "Run as administrator".

2. Run the following command to check if the hosted network feature is supported by your wireless network card:
```
netsh wlan show drivers
```
Look for the "Hosted network supported" line. If it says "No", it means your wireless network card does not support the hosted network feature and you won't be able to create a wireless hotspot. If it says "Yes", continue to the next step.

3. Enable the hosted network feature by running the following command:
```
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=myhome key=12345678
```
Replace "myhome" with the desired SSID (network name) and "12345678" with the desired network key (password). You can choose any values you prefer.

4. Start the hosted network by running the following command:
```
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
```
If successful, you should see a message saying "The hosted network started".

Now, you should have successfully created a wireless hotspot on your Windows 10 computer using the Qualcomm Atheros AR9271 wireless network card. You can try connecting your smartphone or other devices to the network using the SSID and network key you specified.

Back