How can I access the Start Menu Explorer ?

J

Jordan

I'm trying to add some files to the start menu, and in Vista this was simple, all I had to do was right click on the start menu orb and click on Explore. however in Windows 7 Beta there seems to be no option as to do this.

My question is, how can I access the Start Menu in Explorer Mode and add programs to the menu from there ?

Jordan

It seems pretty simple to me the way they have it set up:

If you use a program regularly, you can create a shortcut to it by pinning the program icon to the Start menu. Pinned program icons appear on the left side of the Start menu, above the horizontal line.

<li class=\"step\"> Right-click the program icon you want to pin to the Start menu, and then click Pin to Start Menu.
Notes

• To unpin a program icon, right-click it, and then click Unpin from Start Menu.

• To change the order of a pinned item, drag the program icon to a new position in the list.
Granted, it's not through an Explorer format but seems pretty fast an efficient.

ups

I'm trying to add some files to the start menu, and in Vista this was simple, all I had to do was right click on the start menu orb and click on Explore. however in Windows 7 Beta there seems to be no option as to do this.

My question is, how can I access the Start Menu in Explorer Mode and add programs to the menu from there ?

Jordan
Right Click on All Programs and choose Open. It should open an explorer window.

But Drad and Drop is also efficient way to get things done.

J

Jordan

Right Click on All Programs and choose Open. It should open an explorer window.

But Drad and Drop is also efficient way to get things done.
Thanks, this worked perfectly !

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.