Windows 7 how can i get mic boost option ???

weird60625

hi ,

i have creative SB audigy se sound card and win7 home premium. the issue i have is i dont see a mic boost option when i go to the mic properties , all i saw is " do not monitor" option.
i seem the creative driver issue but i already installed the lastest driver update from creative site.
i found this solution below:
Open regedit.exe
Goto Edit -> Search. Enter "MicBoost" and let it search.
Doubleclick the registry and change its value to 1.
Close regedit.exe, reboot PC
But i still dont have mic boost option even thou i checked the mic boost registry ad it already set to 1.
Any helps ?

That's an old bit of hardware you have there and I'm pretty sure under Win 7 your going to get reduced functionality. I used to have the same card and under xp it was the bomb. Sadly it's now well past it's prime and if you can get it to work ok under 7 then I'd count your blessings. If I remember correctly you might have more luck asking in the Creative forums.

thanks for the reply, i tried my post in creative forums as well and look like there is no fix for this. You are right creative seem going backward nowadays. this is the card that i used with my old xp PC and it works like a champ but with w7 it drives me nut :)
btw i'm looking at the HT Omega striker 7.1 sound card , any suggestion about sound card do u have in mind for w7 ?

Back