How can i make complete backup (if possible) to the OS?

skeptic

when i go to Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore
i have option to make backup this one i already know
but what i want to do is to make complete backup for the OS so if someday
i would like to format i can restore my backup which already have all drivers and apps on it so i won't have to reinstall all over again which takes hours
i know how to do it with external apps using true image but its kinda crap cause to restore it i must have some other os installed and i also must backup all partitions
so i though maybe there is option to do it here more easily since there is backup form

patcooke

Microsoft MVP
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
i know how to do it with external apps using true image but its kinda crap cause to restore it i must have some other os installed and i also must backup all partitions
I use True Image all the time and neither of these problems is true. From within TI you can use a tool to burn a bootable disk version of TI which will enable you to run a full recovery to an empty drive.

It's also worth remembering (if you don't already do this) that it is best to keep all user data on a separate drive, keeping your system drive to a manageable size with just op sys and apps on it (mines about 18GB).

geek

Handy Backup software can do it well. I have used several backup programs for years, and I recommend Handy Backup, it's easy and reliable backup software (compatible with Windows).
Hope it will work for you too.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.