Windows 7 How create shortcut to Windows Explorer?

alant

Hello everyone,
I lost the ability to right-click the start button on one of my user accounts (administrator). The other accounts are fine. I searched all over the web for a resolution and couldn't find a clear one. I gave up on that idea. Is there a way to create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that I can use instead?
Thanks.

1. You can use the Shortcut, WIN+E

2. Do you get any error message when you try opening windows explorer from start menu?

I would suggest you to perform a SFC scan and check – To Perform a SFC Scan -

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow

A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time
3. If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue
4. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
5. After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
Check the below mentioned link for further guidance on SFC scan -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

[SOLVED]How create shortcut to Windows Explorer?

I just deleted and re-created the user account and it worked. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hello everyone,
I lost the ability to right-click the start button on one of my user accounts (administrator). The other accounts are fine. I searched all over the web for a resolution and couldn't find a clear one. I gave up on that idea. Is there a way to create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that I can use instead?
Thanks.

On the right side of the start menu you should have a series of links as text ...
Drag your user name out to the desktop to create a shortcut to your home folder.
Computer creates one to your drives.
Network creates network home.
etc.

Back