Windows 7 How do I pull a driver from Vista 64 to Windows 7 64?

Drokare

Honorable Member
I have an HP 1120C Inkjet and the drivers were included in Windows Vista 64.

But they are not included in the Windows 7 64bit.

HP does not offer the drivers as they are already "included" in Vista.

As I still have Vista on my other Drive, can I just pull the drivers from there. and if so where do I find them?

Also on a side note I used Ultimate and really liked my DreamScenes, and with the Windows 7 Ultimate RC version I still do not see any support for them?

Thank in Advance,
-Drokare

As an alternative, I suggest trying some drivers from Microsoft Update:

Microsoft Update Catalog

I searched there on 1120c. The results are a bit confusing to me, but the largest version of the ones listed as 6.1.7111.1 seem to contain 64 bit components.

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums..

In short, NO you can't simply 'pull' a driver from one OS and put it into another OS.. That would certainly be nice but unfortunately at this point in time we're not able to do that..

So, the alternative? Well if you can't find any drivers (even for Vista) on HP's Site than your going to have to wait until either HP or the printer Manufacturer release a Win 7 specific driver.. Remember, Win 7 is still in RC stages meanning there are still alot of devices that need drivers.. Developers are starting to pump them out but it's still going to take a while before everything has a driver (In general 64-bit takes a little longer too because it is not yet the Industry Standard)..

Here are a couple sites that have the driver your looking for. They are for Windows Vista but it should work with Windows 7 as well..

HP DeskJet 1120C Printer - Free Software Downloads - ZDNet Asia

HP DeskJet 1120C Printer - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Just google your printer and I'm sure you'll be able to find more if these one's don't work..

I got it to work, Windows Update found it.

Thanks a lot for the help.