How do I recover accidentally lost data from disk ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Help and Support' started by doe5564, Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doe5564

doe5564 Banned

I accidentally turned my 500GB Hard Disk into a recovery drive for my Windows one, two, etc.">8 OS. Immediately upon realizing what I have done, I disconnected after a few minutes. But, when I try to connect the disk to my PC, I could not see my old files.

Please help US!!!!

2. BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI Honorable Member
    Premium Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum :up:

Is the 500GB drive the bootdrive in your computer, in other words, the C: drive? Is this a desktop PC or a laptop? Is the 500GB drive a USB external hard drive that's being plugged into your Win8 computer?

What program were you using to create your Recovery drive with? Microsoft backup, Macrium, Acronis, etc.?? We could use some more information including the Make/Model of your computer. If you have a self-built PC; we need complete hardware specs such as Make/Model of your Motherboard, GPU card, RAM sticks, PSU Make/Model/Wattage please.

If you used a manufacturer-utility such as Dell Media Creator, that will NOT allow you to create a bootable Recovery image to the C: drive, only to an external devices such as a DVD burner or USB Flash Drive or in some cases to an external USB Hard Drive.

Have you tried connecting that drive to a different windows computer and see if it can be read?

Post back that information and we can advise you further.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

3. ussnorway

ussnorway Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

these posts are spam accounts bear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.