How do I update my pc specs??

brkkab

Excellent Member
I tried to update my pc specs and it wouldn't let me on the forum. It's changed since the last time I did it here. How do I do it now? I want to get that out of the way, before I build my new pc on Tuesday.

brkkab

Excellent Member
Thanks, I've been getting the new parts since September. Still have 2 Sapphire R9 30X Nitro 4.0GB. video cards and a 24" ips monitor to get.

brkkab

Excellent Member
I went a little overboard on the case, too. I ordered a NZXT Phantom 820 in Matte Black. Wanted gunmetal, but it wasn't worth $30.00 more to me. I didn't get the white, as I'm going with red lighting on the cases Hue system and on my motherboards lighting. I also went with Velcro cable ties, instead of regular plastic one's.
After Tuesday when the case arrives, I switch into upgrade mode.

brkkab

Excellent Member
No way to get progress pics. I only have a webcam on pc in my bedroom.
New build is on hold now until next month. Motherboards cpu header is bad.

brkkab

Excellent Member
Seriously bored on my old pc. I put my old hhd and dvd-rw back in it. My Blu-ray, dvd-rw and bigger hdd are in the new case.
All my music, videos, etc are on that bigger hdd.
This pc, I just reinstalled the bare minimum on.
That route is boring on Sunday's, though. Nothing on tv worth watching.

pnamajck

Honorable Member
you won't get no argument from me on the bowels of a pc … my knowledge of building one is diddly-squat. was reading forum earlier … one bloke was talking about coolers and hookups …
How to connect PWM hub on Enthoo Luxe case

as for tv … i canceled my subscription to dish a while back … evenings spent reading a book … weekends finding full-length movie online.

anyway … best of luck on your project, sport.

brkkab

Excellent Member
Yeah, the only 2 thing's I didn't know how to do was install a cpu and motherboard.
My 1st pc came through a computer programming course I was taking in 96. You had to install the pc's cd-rom driver, sound card, etc.
Then in 2099 there was a flood in my area that fried my motherboard. The pc repair shop stole a bunch of my parts. Then the motherboard they sold me and put in, died after 1 month. They wouldn't do squat.
Thus, I learned to install cpu's and motherboards real fast.
Optical drives, hdd's, ssd's, video cards and ram, I already knew how to install.
I definitely like the Phantom 820. Only things they should've done better are the hdd/ssd holders stink. Flimsy plastic. The pieces that hold the hdd in them, repeatedly fall's out. After 4 times of this, I used screws to hold my hdd and it's fine.
Definitely like the case better than my Corsair one.