how do you backup your ipod music?

sandyago

Hi guys, I’m new here! Just wanna say hello and hope to gain some experience from you. I wanna download some new music but my ipod is almost running out of space. I really don’t wanna delete the old songs, so can I backup them to my computer? Do you have any experience?

You might be better off asking this question in the general computing area . Welcome to the forums and i hope you find an answer to your question .

Well if you bought those songs on iTunes I think it’s easy to get them back, because they should be linked to your account so you can download them for free again.
But if those music on your ipod are from other computers via itunes, you may not transfer them from ipod to pc because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod touch. In that case you will need some other tools to do that. GoogleLink Removed - Invalid URLand maybe you can find something useful.

Last edited:
There is a third party app that I installed on my mom's PC which read all the music on her phone and copied them to her hard drive as MP3 files. I don't know off hand what the name of that app is, but it DOES exist and should be near the top of a google search results list.

I used this because her phone needed updated to IOS5 and I wanted to back up the contents first. She had a bunch of music on her phone that had been ripped from CDs and uploaded via iTunes but on a diff pc. So the music wasn't in her iTunes library on the new pc.

If you can't find it, post back here and I'll have her check her PC for the software name.

Back