Windows 7 How to add new sheet and retain formulas

kevphil

Honorable Member
I have a combination Check Register/Expenses Excel 2010 Workbook. I would like to add a new Sheet (for 2013) which retains formulas, but has no content. How do I do this?

I tried just copying 2012 into a new sheet for 2013, but when I try to delete the content, all the formulas also disappear.

Thanks!

_kevin

Well, if you delete the content, you delete it - off it goes. Everything goes.

I'm not sure about your problem, but all programs have the possibility of a "New Document", or something. That is, at least, if you have the full version of the program. In many cases you are offered a seemingly full version of a program, but it's actually a limited one - very common in accounting: you can do everything BUT...

This probably isn't any help, might help you forward, though. :)

I have a document which has formulae and content in the cells. I want to duplicate the 'sheet while retaining the same formulae, but without content in the cells, so I can start adding NEW content. This is a spreadsheet for annual expenses. I have one for 2012. Now I want to start a new one for 2013. I don't want to have to re-enter formulae that I already have in the 2012 'sheet. I know there's a way to do this, but the person who showed me is no longer around.

Thanks!

I guess you need to create a macro, like Excel Macro Tutorial

Sorry if I have no direct answers... but it seems there aren't any available, freely or in abundance. Best of wishes.

Back