How to add new sheet and retain formulas

kevphil

Honorable Member
I have a combination Check Register/Expenses Excel 2010 Workbook. I would like to add a new Sheet (for 2013) which retains formulas, but has no content. How do I do this?

I tried just copying 2012 into a new sheet for 2013, but when I try to delete the content, all the formulas also disappear.

Thanks!

_kevin

Pauli

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
Well, if you delete the content, you delete it - off it goes. Everything goes.

I'm not sure about your problem, but all programs have the possibility of a "New Document", or something. That is, at least, if you have the full version of the program. In many cases you are offered a seemingly full version of a program, but it's actually a limited one - very common in accounting: you can do everything BUT...

This probably isn't any help, might help you forward, though. :)

kevphil

Honorable Member
I have a document which has formulae and content in the cells. I want to duplicate the 'sheet while retaining the same formulae, but without content in the cells, so I can start adding NEW content. This is a spreadsheet for annual expenses. I have one for 2012. Now I want to start a new one for 2013. I don't want to have to re-enter formulae that I already have in the 2012 'sheet. I know there's a way to do this, but the person who showed me is no longer around.

Thanks!

Pauli

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
I guess you need to create a macro, like Excel Macro Tutorial

Sorry if I have no direct answers... but it seems there aren't any available, freely or in abundance. Best of wishes.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.