How to block popups?

ryguy7272

I am wondering how to REALLY block popup messages. I keep getting popup messages, which are really friggin' annoying. I've downloaded and installed several popup blockers, but nothing seems to stop these damn things from popping up all the time.

This is a Windows7 issue.

Is there anything out there that will BLOCK ALL POPUPS???

I am wondering how to REALLY block popup messages. I keep getting popup messages, which are really friggin' annoying. I've downloaded and installed several popup blockers, but nothing seems to stop these damn things from popping up all the time.

This is a Windows7 issue.

Is there anything out there that will BLOCK ALL POPUPS???

Use Firefox and get the either the AdBlock Plus or AdBlock Edge plug-in.

Thank you so much, sirloyne. I just downloaded and installed BOTH. I'll let you know how I get along.

I really don't think using both would do you any good. They are basically the same thing, except AdBlock Edge is a little more aggressive. I have Plus on one computer and Edge on another and I never get pop-ups with either. If you have any kind of problem with pages opening or anything try removing one. You can right click on the icon to see the options. Under "filter preferences" I use both EasyList and FanBoy's. The problem isn't Win 7 (although I think it's a heap of crap), it's Internet Explorer.

Right, right, it's Explorer, not Windows. I didn;t know where to post my question, so I can here. Maybe there are IE discussion groups; not sure.

Anyway, I do believe this is working. I have been using your suggestion for the past 2-3 days and I haven't seen a single popup. This is totally awesome!! Thanks so much!!

Back