Windows 7 How to change task bar icons font color?

marlov

I'm new to Windows 7, and the only problem I haven't been able to resolve is changing the font color of the task bar icons (of opened programs/windows) to black. They're currently white on a light-grey background, and for these old eyes, they're very hard to look at.

Yes, I know that their name pops up when I hover, but looking down to select one is hurting my eyes. I have searched this forum and the Internet, and I can't find how to change this. Does anyone know how?

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Thank You!

Attachments

• taskBarWhiteFont..jpg
    taskBarWhiteFont..jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,701
:p

Right click on Desktop
Select personalize
On the bottom of the window Click Windows Color
Select the Color that you want
Save changes
You are done.

:razz:

I'm new to Windows 7, and the only problem I haven't been able to resolve is changing the font color of the task bar icons (of opened programs/windows) to black. They're currently white on a light-grey background, and for these old eyes, they're very hard to look at.

Yes, I know that their name pops up when I hover, but looking down to select one is hurting my eyes. I have searched this forum and the Internet, and I can't find how to change this. Does anyone know how?

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Thank You!

That's a good question..
Not sure how you do it :D
You'd have to start in the shell interface of the explorer executable..
Alternatively, you could enable Windows Aero, which makes a large difference, you will be able to tell which window you have open above the ones that are behind the current one, ones that aren't running etc. As you can see in my screenshot, Chrome is the currently "infront" Window, with Skype and Messenger also open.

Attachments

• Aero.png
    Aero.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 684
Back