Windows Vista How to change taskbars to transparent?

annonymous1

Hello,

I was just wondering how do you change your taskbar look to transparent? and some other parts of the start menu, etc? Do I have to download a theme or something? If anyone knows please reply! thankyou.

HI!!! To hide the taskbar- Click to open taskbar and start menu properties.(2) Clear the lock the taskbar check box. (3) Select the auto-hide the taskbar check box. The taskbar is hidden from view. You can see it again by pointing to the place you last saw it. To customize the right pane of the start menu, You can add or remove items. Click open the taskbar and start menu Properties. (2) Click start menu tab and click customize in the customize start menu dialog box. Select the options in the list that you want, and then click ok. Hope that is good enough! Good Luck Celestra

HI!!! To hide the taskbar- Click to open taskbar and start menu properties.(2) Clear the lock the taskbar check box. (3) Select the auto-hide the taskbar check box. The taskbar is hidden from view. You can see it again by pointing to the place you last saw it. To customize the right pane of the start menu, You can add or remove items. Click open the taskbar and start menu Properties. (2) Click start menu tab and click customize in the customize start menu dialog box. Select the options in the list that you want, and then click ok. Hope that is good enough! Good Luck Celestra

Thanks for replying but i meant like how to change the content boxes to transparent and some of the start menu.. like when you right click on desktop >> personalize >> windows color and appearance and mines set to the classic version ( i have vista home premium) and i want to enable the transparency but it shows up like this: Link Removed due to 404 Error and i want the windows colour and appearance to show up like this: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Thanks for replying but i meant like how to change the content boxes to transparent and some of the start menu.. like when you right click on desktop >> personalize >> windows color and appearance and mines set to the classic version ( i have vista home premium) and i want to enable the transparency but it shows up like this: Link Removed due to 404 Error and i want the windows colour and appearance to show up like this: Link Removed due to 404 Error
I have changed certain things in my start up menu and e-mail accounts. I've put in my own pictures and what not. What you suggest looks very complicated. I can't imagine all the overrides. You may need a technician to help you. Circuit City does carry some software called "Adobe Fireworks CS3" It works well with Vista Home Premium or Ultimate and runs $299. Sincerely, Celestra

Hi Again, Visit CodeGazer.com (Link Removed - Invalid URL) Download the latest version of Vista Glazz. Then you might want to visit TweakVista.com Sincerely, Celestra

Hello,

I was just wondering how do you change your taskbar look to transparent? and some other parts of the start menu, etc? Do I have to download a theme or something? If anyone knows please reply! thankyou.

In case you didn't get this sorted.. Right-click on the desktop and choose 'personalise', from there you want to choose 'window color and appearance' and then 'Vista Aero' ,if you can't see it, it may be because your graphics hardware isn't powerful enough. If you do click that and hey presto! You can also go into the same place 'window color and appearance' and alter how transparent you want the windows and taskbar to be..

1-go to the control panel
2-go to personalization
3-click on windows color and appearance
4 choose color scheme "windows vista basic" and ok

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you..
If you right-click on the desktop you'll see 'personalise' written at the bottom. This is just a quicker way without having to go through the control panel.
Anyway when you have the box open with 'windows vista basic' in it, look for 'windows vista aero'. If it isn't there then you either don't have the required graphic power or you do have the power but have failed to install the driver. Finally, it may be that the copy of vista you have is actually windows vista basic which if that is the case then aero will not be included.

Back