How to change the view /layout of usb stick / flash drive

Hi

At some point the view/layout of my usb sticks has changed ie everything is in file type view...?

How can I change it so that the contents appear altogether like c drive...?

I have attached a screenshot of the unwanted layout.

I have noticed that in my computer the usb stick shows as removable disk,however if I right click the usb stick and choose open as portable device, it then shows everything as normal...?

Help appreciated

Thanks.

Attachments

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
I have not seen that layout before. Does the icon show you have WinRAR or some other type program installed?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
What happens when you just open Widows Explorer in the normal mode and then select the flash drive.

It should look like this...

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Mike

Hi

That is how it appears when opened in explorer?

Winrar is installed but that is not the cause.

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
I'll tell you what. You tell me the exact steps you took to get the posted layout and I will duplicate those and see what I get.

What you are showing is almost what you see if you do a search from the start button.

All I do is open my computer and double click on the usb stick...same thing happens on my desktop...but at work, it opens as it should?

I think this should solve your problem...
If you right click on the window, you'll find options to VIEW, SORT BY, GROUP BY, etc... this view is GROUP BY ---> TYPE combined with VIEW --> LIST
Change GROUP BY to none to get rid of the type titles. Enjoy!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.