How to condense icons in the system tray?

Jms

In Vista, I was able to pack more icons in the system tray, in the same amount of space, than in 7. In comparable space I was able to fit 3 to 4 moreicons in Vista 19.04.2011 (2).png than in 7 09.05.2011 000.png Is there a way to condense these icons in 7?

kaos

on the 3nd picture for windows 7, next to the EN to the right, you can see a arrow head, click this, then click customize, then you should see a list of icons, select the drop down menu on each icon to hide notifictaions or show only notifications, this will reduce the icons
hope this helps

Jms

on the 3nd picture for windows 7, next to the EN to the right, you can see a arrow head, click this, then click customize, then you should see a list of icons, select the drop down menu on each icon to hide notifications or show only notifications, this will reduce the icons
hope this helps
You didn't understand. I know about that. What I'm getting at, is that in 7 there seems to be quite a bit more padding between the icons. This is what
I want to reduce. I want to have more icons displayed, without taking the extra room in the system tray and decreasing available space in the task bar.
I need that space, because I prefer to display the names of open pages (Vista style) not just the icons.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.