Windows 7 How To create a back-up DVD?

gka

Hi

I apologise for asking a really stupid question....I bought a laptop at the weekend which has the new Windows 7 operatig system. However, the back-up disks for the operating software were not provided. Please can you tell me, in idiot terms please, how I create a back-up of the operating software (where to look/click on etc), in case I ever need to restore it all at some time in the future??

Many thanks

goto START, type BACKUP...the option will show "backup & Restore" that will link to tools that can create full system backups. Restoring said backup can be done via the tool disk which can be made by going to START and RUN type RECDISC, insert a blank cd and the tools (which are also on the win7 dvd itself) will create a bootable recovery disc which should have the option to restore from backups.

Odd that you haven' got any dvds withthe system as usually they supply a restore disc that links to hidden drive partition that has the factory backup image on it.

Last edited:
Thank you. The laptop was bought from PC world and they say they never provide back- up disks....I wish I knew more about this kind of stuff.
:)

Hi

I apologise for asking a really stupid question....I bought a laptop at the weekend which has the new Windows 7 operatig system. However, the back-up disks for the operating software were not provided. Please can you tell me, in idiot terms please, how I create a back-up of the operating software (where to look/click on etc), in case I ever need to restore it all at some time in the future??

Many thanks
That wasn't a stupid question. The fact that you asked it shows that you're smart enough to know you need something like that. Someone who is stupid would have never asked it.

A lot of computer manufacturers don't supply backup disks nowadays.

Thank you. The laptop was bought from PC world and they say they never provide back- up disks....I wish I knew more about this kind of stuff.
:)

Ahh PC world...that sums it up nicely...lol let's just say their reputation is pretty much the equivalent of X-Factors idiot twins Jedward (john & Edward)...lol

Back
Top Bottom