Windows 7 How to create a full system backup for Windows 7?

olliebalollie

[h=3][/h]I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit with SP1 (OEM). I have already installed the Windows and activated online.

Also i have installed all my motherboards drivers such as audio, lan, raid and gpu.

The whole process took me around 1 hour 30 mins.

Next month i'm planning to format my hdd and clean my pc (cleaning the dust from the fans, cpu).

I do that every month.

In the future i don't want to install Windows all over again (by installing it from a disc) it takes too long for my liking.

Also with my OEM version of Windows i think you're only allowed 3 times activation by going online, then after that you have to call up Microsoft which is a hassle.

What i want:

* I want to create a full system image of my whole hdd/windows/pc
* After a month or so i insert a disc or from another hdd and copy the entire image to a new hdd or a formatted hdd and have all my previous windows all installed with activated and with all drivers.

I though about using Norton Ghost, but it cost $99AUS.

I read on forums that Windows 7 has the option to back up, but i don't know if the Windows 7 backup is the one i'm looking for.

Can somebody please help me?

Hello olliebalollie,
2a99y0o.jpg
to Windows 7 Forums

You may want to have a look at this and for your application replace Step 1. with this, Click on Start go to Getting Started and then select Back up your files.

How-To Create a System Image Backup

There are other methods, like EaseUS ToDo Backup, Paragon Backup & Recovery and Acronis True Image, just to name a few.

Hope this helps
Don

Back
Top Bottom