Windows 7 How To: Fix BSOD on Windows 7

Conduct

Banned
This is how to Fix Windows 7 BSOD.

Restart the computer and keep pressing F8 until the "Advance Boot Options" menu comes up.

Use up and down arrow buttons to navigate the menu, select "Safe Mode" and hit Enter

This time you won't see the computer blue screen error.
When the welcome screen comes up select Administrator and enter administrator's password(if you have one).

Click on the START button and navigate to the Accessories folder. There you will see a folder entitled "System Tools," navigate to that folder and click on System Restore.

In the System Restore program, make sure "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is selected and click NEXT.

Choose a date on the calendar that you want to restore your computer and click NEXT.

The last page of the System Restore will pop up with your date that you have chosen and click NEXT. The system will reboot and the computer blue screen will be gone

Hope This Helps!

Last edited:
This is how to Fix Windows 7 BSOD.

Restart the computer and keep pressing F8 until the "Advance Boot Options" menu comes up.

Use up and down arrow buttons to navigate the menu, select "Safe Mode" and hit Enter

This time you won't see the computer blue screen error.
When the welcome screen comes up select Administrator and enter administrator's password(if you have one).

Click on the START button and navigate to the Accessories folder. There you will see a folder entitled "System Tools," navigate to that folder and click on System Restore.

In the System Restore program, make sure "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is selected and click NEXT.

Choose a date on the calendar that you want to restore your computer and click NEXT.

The last page of the System Restore will pop up with your date that you have chosen and click NEXT. The system will reboot and the computer blue screen will be gone

Hope This Helps!

I wish that it were that simple. BSOD's are complex and there are many causes that cannot be fixed by a restore. FOr example a hardware issue like ram.

The best bet with BSOD's are to fix the current problems rather than install the old ones.

Alright!, So your saying System Restore won't Work?

I am saying that if it is ram (or any other hardware) it wont. IE a failing HD wont be fixed by restoring and in fact may die in the middle of the restore making access impossible.

To be honest there might be 3 or 4% where System Restore might fix. There are countless number of reason why you get BSOD. Lot of cases it might be Hardware and other factors. Anyway we appreciate you effort.

I am saying that if it is ram (or any other hardware) it wont. IE a failing HD wont be fixed by restoring and in fact may die in the middle of the restore making access impossible.

No, It just Restore your computer to the last Checkpoint i tried it before on Windows XP it worked fine!

Back