Windows 7 How to get rid of User button

Landers

Honorable Member
Every time I temporarily install Anydesk, it installs a sshd server. This also creates a new user account. After I un-install Anydesk, my W7 starts requiring me to click on a single User button to finish booting. How do you stop this? I am the only user on my machine. Before installing Anydesk, this was not required. I have tried these suggestions, but they don't stop it:

How to remove “switch user” button on Windows 7
Option 1:
Delete all other user accounts on the system.
Option 2:
Use a machine policy to hide fast user switching.

Start > Run > type gpedit.msc and hit enter.
Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon and enable "Hide entry points for Fast User Switching".
Start > Run > type 'gpupdate /force' and hit enter.
If it doesn't make you, reboot to have the setting take effect.

Start > Run > type regedit.exe and hit enter.
Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
Create a DWORD (32-bit) Value named HideFastUserSwitching (right-click on the right side of the editor and select New > DWORD(32bit) Value.
Set the Value data for HideFastUserSwitching to 1.
Exit Regedit and reboot the machine.

Thanks

Delete the user the install created.

• Click on the Start button
  • Type cmd
  • Right click on 'Command Prompt' and select 'Run as Administrator'
  • Type net user to see available usernames. For example, lets assume the user created is called anydesk
  • Type net user anydesk /delete to remove the account

Thanks. I had already deleted it, but my system would always boot to a button that said Owner, which I had to then click to continue.

I just found the answer though:

Get rid of having to click User button upon boot:

Press windows & R for run box

type "netplwiz" or "control userpasswords2" - either will work fine

Untick "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer."

You will then be prompted to enter default login details, just OK this box unless you have a password in which case type this in, then apply and restart, PC will Auto-login.

Back