how to go from windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit

Ok so i have windows 7 home premium 32 bit. But i need to get windows 7 64 bit. So how do i get 64 bit for my computer. I have a laptop. What do i need to do to get 64 bit in my computer. I know i need a clean reinstall but what does that mean. Do i need to buy a new windows 7 disk that is 64 bit and download it to my computer. I do not have a windows 7 disc. When i bought my computer it already had windows 7 32 bit in it. But is that what i need to do. Is buy a new disc of windows 7 that is 64 bit and download it to my computer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
The short answer to your questions is yes.
You need to purchase a new copy of the install media (Retail Full Version) of the Windows 7 64bit version you want (Premium, Professional, Ultimate) and perform a custom clean install. Save yourself some headache and don't try it with Upgrade media, although there is some discussion as to whether or not you can perform a clean install from upgrade media, I don't think overall the potential problems outweigh the price differential.
Also be sure to backup all your critical data files to an external medium for safe keeping.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.