Windows 7 How-To Install MAC OS X in VirtualBox/Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by Adamsappleone, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Adamsappleone

Adamsappleone U.S.Navy D.A.V.

Source and Complete Tutorial: Install Mac OS X in VirtualBox [Snow Leopard]

2. faydor

faydor New Member

Hi I have tried to install mac osx on windows7 using virtual box everything went fine, in finally it asked me to restart the machine when i do it kills the kernel and gives kernel panic message on a black screen instead of loading mac os.

Does any one have same problem? please help.

error.

3. Adamsappleone

Did you follow step #7?

Step 7. Setting the Chameleon Bootloader
    When the installation completes, before restarting Click on Devices at the top of the VirtualBox window, hit CD/DVD Devices and click Unmount CD/DVD Device. Next you’ll see the Chameleon loader and then OS X will begin to boot.

4. faydor

faydor New Member

dear administrator thank you for the reply, i did well without that black console window giving that message but unfortunately its not reboot it just displays circle image with the cursor button in virtual box.

please kindly reply asap

Many thanks for quick reply

5. faydor

faydor New Member

Hi, Reboot was fine please exclude earlier post,,,I have unmonut cd/dvd from devices tab then reset the machine.

But it was giving me

ox20dd:eek:x21 (0x5e...................)warning:invalid kernel ip wont attempt to handle trap
    debugger called :<double panic>

thi sthe message I am getting while reboot in final step of installation.

Many thanks
    faydor

6. faydor

faydor New Member

Hi,

Hi, Reboot was fine please,,I have unmonut cd/dvd from devices tab then reset the machine.

But it was giving me an error

ox20dd:eek:x21 (0x5e...................)warning:invalid kernel ip wont attempt to handle trap
    debugger called :<double panic>

thisthe message I am getting while reboot in final step of installation.

Many thanks
    faydor

7. Adamsappleone

Hello faydor,

You may have to try the whole installation process over again, which is not uncommon from what I've read and actually done myself.
    I took me 3 or 4 times starting from scratch each time, before it finally booted to the desktop so I could use the browser to get online.
    Couldn't tell you what I was doing wrong, but each time it gave me a different error.
    Then after all that, I used it for about a month, then removed it all from my PC, not that I didn't like it, it was pretty cool, I just enjoy Windows too much.

Don

8. faydor

faydor New Member

Thanks Don,

But which I was trying to install Mac to develop my mobile applications on my win7 for my coursework which i couldnt effort to buy a Mac, I tried that process for several times but failed, wit kernel panic error any specific reason(even I had original Snow leopard with licencee)

Many thanks,

faydor