How to make IE think it's running under Windows XP?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Image of me, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Image of me

Image of me New Member

2. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

Try Firefox or enable compatibility in IE it's in the upper corner click on tools. It sure is strange what king of site is itd
    Joe

3. Image of me

Image of me New Member

Thanks for the reply!
    As I said, it's a stupid website. I've tried Firefox but it's no good, the website only works in IE. And the compatibility view doesn't help because it doesn't change the name of the operating system. The only way to solve it is to somehow make IE think it's in Windows XP.

davehc and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Mitchell_A

Mitchell_A Excellent Member

About the only thing you can do is right click on the shortcut for IE and select "properties"
    From here go to the compatibility tab and select "Run this program in compatibility mode for... Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

5. RAK

RAK Extraordinary Member

The site requires an active x control. called "JuniperSetupClient" You should have a popup bar at the top, if you want to try it, with that message. It also requires you to approve a digital signature.I have no wish to try it, but maybe you should have another look. Fwiw. Firefox refused to access the site .