Windows 7 How to make multiple partitions from a Single pre-partitioned disk

karthiksai1992

I recently bought a dell inspiron 14r laptop. It came with windows 7 Home premium which was pre-installed. The problem with it is, the whole 640GB was allotted to a single drive C. I want to repartition the hard disk into 6 drives. But they didnot gave me the windows 7 installation disk or its serial. What should i do now?

I had created the recovery discs using the manufacturer's recovery media...

The disk management of my laptop is as follows:

mem management.jpg

Within Disk Management, you have options to shrink or expand volumes. Right click on the volume you want to change and you will see these options. The third partition is the partition you want to shrink. Once you have unallocated space you can then create a new partition.

After that i create partitions by using the above process you mentioned, am i able to create another recovery disk for C drive only? If yes, by using the recovery disks am i able to restore the entire C drive?

Yes, System Recovery will only recover the OS partition. System Recovery will only make changes to partitions if one is not found. The new partition you create will not be effected by System Recovery.

I recently bought a dell inspiron 14r laptop. It came with windows 7 Home premium which was pre-installed. The problem with it is, the whole 640GB was allotted to a single drive C. I want to repartition the hard disk into 6 drives. But they didnot gave me the windows 7 installation disk or its serial. What should i do now?

I had created the recovery discs using the manufacturer's recovery media...

The disk management of my laptop is as follows:

View attachment 21736
You can resize your partition in build-in disk management, but is much more easy for 3rd party partition software. Note if you create partitions in disk management, the will create partition should be logical partition. and then you could create more partition. Then I suggest you use Aomei Partition Assistant, it is nondestructive partition software and easy to use. Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back
Top Bottom