Windows 7 How to recover lost data

hummer7

By a mistake today, a partition (400 GB) containing important data was deleted. The partion is now restored to NTFS format. Please advise me how to restore some of the lost data. Thank you.

Try recuva - free download from here:

Recuva - Download

Most important that you do nothing with the drive before running it - the more activity on the drive the fewer files may be successfully recovered.

Patcook,
Thank you for your prompt response. I have a quick question on the use of Recuva. Should the deleted partion should be restored to NTSF format before using Recuva?

Hi

I would at least try and recover it without doing anything to it before hand.
As Patcooke says the less activity on the drive the better.

I never deleted a whole partition and then tried to recover it, not sure that when you make a new partition that it even uses exactly the same space on the hard disk or not but it's worth a shot.

I'm not sure that I understand exactly what you are doing you stated in the first post that the partition NTFS format already.
What format was the partition to start with.

Mike

You say in your original post that the partition has been recreated. Whether or not the partition has been created recuva should be able to restore much, if not all of your lost files - just don't store or make any further amendments to the drive concerned.

Hi,

You can recover your important files using ntfs file recovery software. The software has capacity to recover all your files that are deleted accidentally, formatting, reformatting etc. You can download the demo version of the software and recover all your important files easily and quickly.

Hi,

You can recover your important files using ntfs file recovery software. The software has capacity to recover all your files that are deleted accidentally, formatting, reformatting etc. You can download the demo version of the software and recover all your important files easily and quickly.

These demos usually run and identify what files might be recoverable but invariably then require you to buy the package before it enables any actual recovery. I would still recommend Recuva, as described earlier which is a very effective freeware option.

By a mistake today, a partition (400 GB) containing important data was deleted. The partion is now restored to NTFS format. Please advise me how to restore some of the lost data. Thank you.

Dear Hummer,

Kernel for Windows Data Recovery is impeccable and most proficient Windows Disk Recovery software that has been devised to cater the need of recovering the data lost from computer's hard disk or other storage media like PEN drive, ZIP drive, etc. The tool has got GUI that further makes it easy to operate and user-friendly Windows data recovery utility.
you can download this software for Free Trial here.. http://www.recoverlostpartition.com

Hey, I ever had the same trouble, and I used a tool called Tenorshare Data Recovery Pro to recover lost data from my computer, it had 6 recovery modes, you can have a try: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCivfg6Mmo&feature=youtu.be

Back