Windows 7 How to stop 7 from moving my folders

TehCookie

I just upgraded and when dragging my different media folders to where I want them to be, it suddenly will move them somewhere else and change the name. I'm dragging a folder called music to my desktop and suddenly it copies everything in to my music in some librarys directory, and I don't want it there. Excuse my language but it's really starting to piss me off and I want it to leave me **** alone, I set ti where I can find it, I don't want it to be sucked into the black abyss of the harddrive.

Also does anyone know how to get a toolbar on explorer, that has options and view among other things so I can read what things do? I can't even find the button to go up one folder level (not back up, there's too much **** in the side pane for me to navigate easily)

EDIT: It then revoked my authority to browse it ( AND I'm THE ****IN ADMIN!) and when I restarted my computer it deleted it. A little help here, that is what this is right, a help forum?

Last edited:
Hi

You might want to try and install Classic Start Menu.

Classic Shell | Download Classic Shell software for free at SourceForge.net

It makes the interface more like Windows XP and changes the way that Widows Explorer works somewhat as well.
For one thing the folders will stop jumping up and down when you are accessing them.

I use it all the time, and I have a toolbar with View options etc.

Mike

Last edited:
You can invoke the menu bar in windows explorer by simply pressing the alt key on your keyboard. To make that particular menu bar available all the time, choose the drop down arrow next to "Organize" and choose "Layout" and select menu bar.
As far as changing the location of some of your folders in Win7, don't use the links from the start menu or the libraries folder, rather use the actual location C:\Users\YourUserName choose the folder your want to move/relocate, right click and choose properties, use the location tab and the move button to relocate them where you want them.

You can invoke the menu bar in windows explorer by simply pressing the alt key on your keyboard. To make that particular menu bar available all the time, choose the drop down arrow next to "Organize" and choose "Layout" and select menu bar.
As far as changing the location of some of your folders in Win7, don't use the links from the start menu or the libraries folder, rather use the actual location C:\Users\YourUserName choose the folder your want to move/relocate, right click and choose properties, use the location tab and the move button to relocate them where you want them.
Thank you very much, and excuse my earlier post I was rather angry at he time...

You're welcome. And don't worry about it, we've all been there in one way or another. Thanks for joining, posting your issue here and welcome to the forums. Hope to continue to see you around, share your experiences and other's frustrations, kinda why we're all here.
Randy

Back