Windows 7 How to stop connecting to new wireless connections???

JohnHBF

I have a wireless router in my home, with 4 computers connected to it. The only Win 7 computer is constantly annoying me with "Connection to a new network established. Do you want to create a profile?" popup messages.

Now while these messages only last 5 seconds and self-disappear, the message windows does take keyboard and mouse focus away from what I am doing - eg I will be typing an email and suddenly realise all the keys I'm pressing are having no effect because this popup window has taken focus - this is the annoying part.

I only ever want this computer to connect to my router - it does not ever need to connect to anywhere else. Is there anyway to stop it looking for other connections??? I live in close proximity to 100s of other people, so everytime someone turns their computer on in the morning I get these messages.

Please help if you can!! Thank you.

Is that a windows wireless zero config window or is it a third party network control center that comes with your wireless Network Card ?

If it is a third part controller I suggest unninstall or turn it off and let windows control your connections ?

Brand new Sony Vaio L Series straight out of the box. I can't remember details, but I must have just clicked "create new connection" or something, and entered the router's security details (the router and other computers are years old - only this new Win7 is the problem).

So, I don't know how to check/answer your question, sorry. If you can help me check it somehow - where do I look?? It would be appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: I've just noticed that the ICON on the message popup window is the same icon as on other VAIO SMART NETWORK windows.

Brand new Sony Vaio L Series straight out of the box. I can't remember details, but I must have just clicked "create new connection" or something, and entered the router's security details (the router and other computers are years old - only this new Win7 is the problem).

So, I don't know how to check/answer your question, sorry. If you can help me check it somehow - where do I look?? It would be appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: I've just noticed that the ICON on the message popup window is the same icon as on other VAIO SMART NETWORK windows.

sorry i dont have a pc around running Vaio Smart Network but I'm sure if you dig around the settings for that you may find a button or feature to turn off that allows it to look for or offer new connections ?

Can anyone tell me how to permanently disable/stop/delete SONY VAIO SMART NETWORK?

I can exit it from running and everything works fine, and no more annoying messages as per my original post. But next time I reboot it starts up again. How can I kill it once and for all?

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me how to permanently disable/stop/delete SONY VAIO SMART NETWORK?

I can exit it from running and everything works fine, and no more annoying messages as per my original post. But next time I reboot it starts up again. How can I kill it once and for all?

Thanks.

I reckon there are two ways to do this:

type msconfig into your search bar then open and look for the program under the startup tab, untick and click apply.

OR : unninstall the "SONY VAIO SMART NETWORK" by modifying the network card install in control panel or extract the drivers only from the install package and install the NIC from device manager ?

let us know how it goes ?

Back